[Boss PH-2 SUPER Phaser]
- The PH-2 adds an effect similar to that of a rotary speaker. With a phase shift circuit that provides twelve stages of adjustment for smooth, professional-sounding phasing. Two modes give you completely different tonal characteristics: one for a standard effect, and the other for a deep, rich phased effect ideal for a funky guitar sound. With Rate you adjust the rate tempo of the phase oscillation or frequency sweep. Depth controls the amount of phase effected signal that is mixed with the direct signal. This can be seen as the width of the sweep. Resonance (Res) controls the amount of phased signal to be resent back in with the dry signal to be re-phased. This is the feedback level. Mode selects between phaser mode I or II. Choose Mode I for a more mellow, broad phase effect. Switch it into Mode II for a more in-your-face phase attack.
- RATE KNOB: This knob controls the rate of the phase shift effect. At the fully clockwise position, phase effect of 100ms is obtained. As you rotate the knob counterclockwise, the rate slows down up to 14s.
- DEPTH KNOB: This knob controls the depth of phase shift effect. Rotating this clockwise deepens the effect.
- RES KNOB: This knob controls the amount of feed back signal. Rotating this clockwise emphasizes the phase shift effect, therefore the created sound will be more unusual.
- MODE KNOB: In the Mode I position, phase sound, deeply swelling from high frequency to low, is obtained. The Mode II is a phase sound with sharp phase shifting effect.
- CHECK INDICATOR: This indicator lights up when the effect is turned on, therefore you can tell at a glance whether the effect is on or off. This also serves as battery check. If the indicator becomes dimmer or does not light at all, battery replacement is required.
- PEDAL SWITCH: Pressing this pedal turns on the effect, and pressing it again turns the effect off. NOTE: Adopting FET electronic switch, this is free from click noise.
- Power: 9V Dry Battery, AC Adaptor (Optional BOSS ACA-120, 220 or 240)
- Consumption: 9V DC 20mA (MAX)
- Controls: Rate, Depth, Resonance, Mode
- Others: Pedal switch (FET electronic switch), Indicator
- Jacks: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Phase Shift: 12 stages (2160°)
- LFO Speed: 14s to 100ms
- Residual Noise: Less than -80dBm (IHF-A)
- Maximum Input: -5dBm
- Gain: Unity
- Input Imepdance: 1M Ohms
- Output Load Impedance: More than 10k Ohms
- Dimensions: 70(W) x 55(H) x 125(D) mm, 2 3/4"(W) x 2 3/16"(H) x 4 15/16"(D)
- Weight: 410g/14 oz.